Sunday 23 September 2012

Seamless Background - Part 2

It's advisable to set the back piece as high as you can afford to go.The reason is to get as much headroom as you can possibly gets.
With the extra headroom your camera can afford to go low angle on your subject.So your framing won't get restricted. 
Here I switch the backdrop orientation.
As you can see it does not gives you much headroom to work.In terms of lighting merits,your subject is closer to background which has higher chance of shadow appearing.If your subject has some distance away from backdrop,shadow won't appear as it will fall onto ground surface.
I was using two bookend which I got from Rm5 thrift store to act as support for a half-cut mounting board(Actually you can use carton boxes as well that can be cut to your liking).The reason for this set-up is to be able to move it anyway I want.Should I need to close in or move it away from camera.
Simple clothes peg to secure backdrop paper/card onto mounting board and board to bookend.Alternatively you can use any other materials to substitue the bookend.Here I used XL-sized clothes peg or it can be L-bracket or even some metal strip/sheet that you can bend.
The main reason I chose the bookend so it can double up as reflector holder which I can move around easily.



No comments:

Post a Comment